These essential tips are all you need to know to begin riding a SNO-GO bike.
6 Steps to Turning and Stopping
- 1. START slow on a beginner slope. Do not ride a chairlift until mastering the following.
2. DO NOT turn the handlebars to steer the bike.
- 3. KEEP the handlebars straight while applying weight to the front ski through your palms during turning and stopping
- 4. TO TURN: Lean on your left palm to turn left, Lean on your right palm to turn right.
- 5. TO STOP: Exaggerate the motion of turning while slightly lifting your uphill foot to add pressure to your downhill foot.
- 6. NEVER take your foot out of the binding while in motion.
COMMON MISTAKE: "Spinning out" is a result of sitting too far back and not putting enough weight on the handle bars. TIP - Don't squeeze the grips. Ride with your fists open to apply more weight through your palms, one hand at a time depending on which direction you are turning.
6 Steps to RIDING THE CHAIRLIFT
- 1. STRADDLE the SNO-GO while scooting into the lift line and loading the lift.
- 2. NEVER load more than 1 rider less than lift Capacity. (ex. Quad Chair = Max 3 riders) and NEVER load with the SNO-GO to your side.
- 3. TO LOAD: Place both feet on the ground outside of the bindings straddling the bike.
- 4. SIT FIRST with fully extend arms and legs in front of the lift while loading.
- 5. ENSURE the chairlift hook is fully on the seat, keep one hand on the bike, and lower restraining bar.
- 6. TO UNLOAD: With arms fully extended, stand up after the ramp begins to decline placing one foot in the binding while pushing off with the other foot.
COMMON MISTAKE: "Tripping Up" occurs when you pull the handlebars too close and the bindings disappear under the lift. TIP - Ask the lift attendant to slow the lift for your first go and remember to extend your arms and legs.
Remember to wear a helmet and have fun!